Life Kids Afterschool Care Program Ridgeland:
Our desire is to offer high quality Afterschool care focusing on developing positive self-esteem, as well as enhancing academic growth and independence. Our program provides a safe, fun, and Christ-filled atmosphere with younger and older children placed in separate groups. Our afternoons are filled with healthy snacks, homework help, supervised free play on playgrounds, and group fun games.
Ages: Kindergarten – 5th grade
Hours of Operation (mid-August – May): Afterschool – 6:00pm, Monday – Friday
Address: 670 Highland Colony Parkway, Ridgeland, MS 39157 (Serving families in Ridgeland, Madison and North Jackson)
Transportation is provided from Ann E. Smith Elementary, Highland Elementary, Madison Avenue Elementary, and Madison Station Elementary. Children are welcome to attend from other schools if the parent can arrange transportation to Life Kids. Other schools can be added to our wait list and we will consider providing transportation from that school when 5 children register.
Please call Life Kids by 12:00 noon if your child will be absent, is not at school, or will not need transportation to Life Kids for any reason. We have strict policies that our van drivers must follow regarding not leaving the school until each child is accounted for, so it is very important that parents notify Life Kids of absences.
Late Pick-up Fees:
We close at 6:00 pm sharp. After 6:00 pm there is a late pick up charge of $25 per child for first 10 minutes you are late in picking up your child and $1 per minute per child for every minute after. The Life Kids Weekday Ministry clock is the official time clock in calculating the amount of late pick-up fee. This fee is paid in cash directly to the person who is caring for your child afterhours.
Drop-ins are welcome on a space available basis. Please call us to confirm space availability. Drop-in fee of $20 per day per child is due before pick-up, along with your child’s current Certificate of Immunization Compliance Form 121 and a Drop-in Enrollment Form.
Throughout the afternoon the children are encouraged to create, move, build, negotiate, explore, relax, and respond. Our school-agers will hear that God loves them and simple Bible truths will be presented. We strive to provide a safe, clean, and Christian atmosphere for our families.
- $100 Annual Registration Fee per child (non-refundable)
- $40 semi-annual Supply/Snack Fee, which includes Life Kid’s T-shirt
- Download and complete the Life Kid’s Enrollment Application Form
- Download and Complete the Life Kid’s Automatic Bank Draft Form with a voided check attached
- (Bank drafting is mandatory for tuition payments.)
- Certificate of Immunization Compliance – Form 121
- $260 per child, monthly August – May
- $210 per child monthly for Three Day a week program, August – May
(must be the same three days each week)
Our fees are calculated on the total annual cost per student and divided into 10 equal payments. Credit is not given for absences or school holidays. Tuition covers salaries, supplies and snacks, church building use, special activities, administration and maintenance costs. Method of payment will be Automatic Draft Payments on the 1st of every month, August – May.
Our staff members are fun, loving, trained professionals who have all passed CPR and First Aid trainings, FBI fingerprint screenings, Child Abuse Registry checks, Immunization Compliance, and are required by law to obtain 15 hours of additional child care training each year.
- 2:30 – 3:00 Hand washing, Snack Time, Friend Chat
- 3:00 – 3:15 Restroom, Hand washing
- 3:15 – 4:00 Homework Rooms (older children), Outside Play (younger children)
- 4:00 – 4:45 Outside Play (older children), Homework rooms (younger children)
- 4:45 -5:15 Organized group activities
- 5:15 – 6:00 Outside Play
Children are served a nutritious afterschool snack at Life Kids.
Label, Label, Label:
Every single item must be labeled with your child’s name. Label jackets, sweaters, notebooks, change of clothes, backpacks, anything to help ensure items go back where they belong. We cannot be responsible for lost items.
We are going to play, play, play! Please dress your child in rubber sole shoes, comfortable for climbing and running. Washable play clothes are recommended for school days. We will be getting dirty! Please place a complete change of clothing (labeled with your child’s name) in their backpack every day. Always send a jacket or sweater in cool weather, as we will be going outside, weather permitting.
It is very important to us to keep our children as healthy and happy as possible. We do enforce a strict wellness policy and ask parents to keep their child home if they have any of the following symptoms: fever, vomiting, diarrhea, or excessive discharge from their nose or eyes. Children may return to Life Kids when all symptoms have subsided without medication for at least 24 hours or when doctors approve return. When in doubt, please apply the “Golden Rule”. It is our policy that no medications will be administered by the Life Kids staff.
Our Life Kids Weekday Ministry Afterschool Care Calendar will follow the Madison County School calendar. Our Holidays and Inclement Weather Closings will also follow the Madison County Schools. However, if they have Late Arrival days during inclement weather, Life Kid’s will be closed for the day and will not make up for days missed. The safety of our children is our priority.
We will use Remind app to alert parents of closures and other school related notices. Parents must sign up at enrollment.
Life Kids Weekday Ministry carries liability insurance only. It is the parent’s responsibility to maintain a health and accident policy for each child.
If you choose to withdraw your child from the program, a one-month written notification is required. If your child drops from the program mid-month, no refund will be given for remaining days.
2016-2017 LifeKids Weekday Ministry Afterschool Calendar:
- August 3 2:00pm – 6:00pm Staff Orientation and Set-up Day
- August 4 First Day of School
- September 5 Labor Day – Closed
- October 10 Fall Holiday – Closed
- November 21 – 25 Thanksgiving Holiday – Closed
- December 16 11:30 am start 60% day
- December 19 – January 3 Christmas Holiday – Closed
- January 3 Life Kids Afterschool Program resumes
- January 16 MLK Day – Closed
- February 20 Professional Development – Closed
- March 13 – 17 Spring Break – Closed
- April 14, 17 Easter Holidays – Closed
- May 19 11:30 am start 60% day/Last Day of School
- May 19 8am – 11:30am Staff Clean-up Day